Post-colostrum milk for larger litters
and in case of insufficient colostrum intake
BEWI-SAN Piglet Start
Piglets are born without their own immune system. Early colostrum intake is therefore essential for the newborns because, due to the pig’s placental barrier, they are born without maternal antibodies and thus without protection against infections. An immediate and adequate supply of colostrum is therefore essential and plays a decisive role in farrowing management.
However, due to increasing litter sizes, the amount of colostrum per piglet may be insufficient. Especially the piglets that are lighter and less vital at birth receive less colostrum and thus have poorer starting conditions.In very large litters or those with below-average milk yields of the sows, this can quickly lead to gaps in supply for the suckling piglets.
In these situations, it is recommended to offer the piglets a post-colostrum milk.
- High-quality supply for large litters
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stabilises the intestinal flora
- Very good acceptance due to flavouring with colostrum note
- Suitable for “GMO-free” feeding (VLOG-verified)
- Directly from the manufacturer
Our supplementary feed BEWI-SAN Piglet Start is used to support the immunity of newborn piglets directly after birth.
- Prevents dehydration and stabilises the electrolyte balance
- Supports the piglet in the case of insufficient colostrum intake and low resistance
- With immunoglobulins and special egg powder (rich in antibodies)
- With isotonic premix to protect the sensitive intestinal tissue
- Contains lactic acid bacteria to stabilise the intestinal flora
- With all important vitamins to support the immune system in the first weeks of life
Post-colostrum milk for larger litters and in case of insufficient colostrum intake of newborn piglets.
Dissolve 150-200 g BEWI-SAN Piglet Start in 1 litre of lukewarm water (max. 40 °C). Immediately after birth until the 4th/5th day of life (ensure colostrum intake); then switch to a milk from the BEWI-MILK® Piglet programme.