To stabilise growth performance even under
stress conditions (e.g. weaning)
At the start of the weaning phase, only small amounts of solid feed are ingested. The objective must be to slowly get the entire group accustomed to solid food without any decreases in performance. Investigations show that a period of 2 to 3 weeks should be planned for the reduction of milk feeding. Only in this way can stable and consistent daily weight gain be achieved.
In addition, attention should be paid to the quality and nutrient content of the feed used in this phase. The energy and protein components should be adapted to the maintenance and performance needs. When selecting concentrated feed components, a balanced composition is important. The proportion of starches which can be broken down quickly should not be too high (risk of acidosis!).
To be able to ensure safe weaning also under stress conditions with simultaneously high consumption of basic and concentrated feed, it is advisable to support rumen metabolism.
- Proven in feeder rearing
- Safe weaning, even under stress condition
- Consistent development of all animals
- Prevents performance drops
- Significantly reduced risk of acidosis
- Easy to use (via mixed ration or concentrated feed)
- Suitable for “GMO-free” feeding (VLOG-verified)
- Directly from the manufacturer
BEWI-SAN Defender was specially developed to avoid performance depression and to support the rumen metabolism.
- Rumen-protected fat provides energy without burdening the rumen
- Natural brewer’s yeast provides important nutrients and active substances and supports rumen metabolism
- Active buffer substances reduce the risk of rumen acidosis
- Matrix-encapsulated lauric acid supports intestinal flora
- Enriched with vitamin E to boost immunity
- Secondary plant substances support metabolism also under stress conditions
For performance depressions and to support the rumen metabolism during the weaning phase.
80-100 g BEWI-SAN Defender per calf per day via the mixed ration or mixed into concentrated feed. Start feed one week (two weeks in the case of known problems during the weaning phase) before weaning until one week after weaning.
What our customers say about BEWI-SAN Defender
The calves get through the stressful weaning phase in much better condition
„We rear more than 4,000 calves a year. The number of calves sent to market has increased significantly since we started using BEWI-SAN Defender. The sharp reduction in animals which are in poor condition, not growing properly or sick has led to smaller vet bills.
Overall, the animals get through the stressful milk feeding reduction phase much better.“
Paul Brüninghoff, farm manager of Brüninghoff GmbH & Co. KG
(Fedders rearing farm with 1.100 Fleckvieh calves in Westphalia, Germany)