Against high electrolyte
and fluid loss
In cases of diarrhoea, the calf excretes large amounts of electrolytes in addition to fluid and these electrolytes must be supplied once again via the drink. Electrolytes are acids, bases and also salts. They form a delicate balance in the body, the electrolyte balance. This is the basis for many important biochemical processes in the body. A disruption of the electrolyte balance can be life-threatening for the calf.
Calves suffer heat stress starting at an ambient temperature of around 20 °C. In this situation, they can no longer regulate their own body heat. Calves are then often soaked with sweat and listless and they eat less. Through sweating, the animal loses vital electrolytes in addition to fluid.
These electrolytes must be replaced in the calf via the drink. A mere “liquid supply” via the milk feeder is not enough to replenish water. For this reason, it is important to offer the calf an interim electrolyte drink.
- Against diarrhoea and heat stress
- Can also be used for prevention
- Stabilises the water and electrolyte balance
- Fast available energy
- Simple application
- Suitable for “GMO-free” feeding (VLOG-verified)
- Directly from the manufacturer
Our dietary feed BEWI-SAN Bewilyt was specially developed to stabilise the water and electrolyte balance and to support the physiological digestion of newborn calves.
- Dietary supplement to regulate the electrolyte balance during introduction to a new stall and in cases of diarrhoea
- Immediately available energy quickly gets the calf back on its feet
- Replaces lost fluid
- Supports the immune system through its vitamins and increases vitality
- Normalises the acid-base ratio in the blood
In case of diarrhoea and in stressful situations, such as heat stress, feed changes, transports or storage and relocation.
In stress situations (heat stress, changes in feed, moving into and changing stalls): 50 g/l water (temperature around 30 °C), freely available.
In the case of diarrhoeal diseases: Use as an interim drink in addition to BEWI-SAN Diätmix. Measure out 50 g/l water (temperature around 30 °C), approx. 1 l per 10 kg body weight.