Diarrhoeal diseases which occur in calves in the first four weeks of life are among the most common and loss-causing stock problems. because the calf suffers from the loss of fluid and electrolytes.
Sporadic diarrhoea is usually caused by non-infectious factors. These include, for example, feeding errors (incorrect drinking temperature), feed changes or insufficient hygiene.
If calf diarrhoea occurs, the most important thing is to react immediately. When the calf no longer suckles, it may already be too late. With diarrhoea, the calf has not only a major loss of fluid but it also loses electrolytes and buffer substances. These losses must be compensated as quickly as possible to prevent the calf from becoming dehydrated and supply the necessary nutrients and energy.
- Stabilises digestion
- Covers the nutrient and energy needs of the calf
- Fast vitalization of the calves
- Suitable for “GMO-free” feeding (VLOG-verified)
- Directly from the manufacturer
Our dietary feed BEWI-SAN Diätmix was specially produced to stabilise the water and electrolyte balance and to support physiological digestion.
- Dietary supplement with natural dietary components
- Stabilises the electrolyte balance
- Normalises intestinal function
- Promotes regeneration of the intestinal wall
- Compensates for electrolyte and fluid loss
- Provides the calf with vitamins
- Stabilises the immune system and supplies quick energy
- With appetising fenugreek
In stressful situations (e.g. when changing feed, moving in and out), non-infectious diarrhoea or sporadically.
In cases of mild diarrhoea and for prevention (do not stop feeding milk):
50 g per litre of drink; spread out drink quantity of 2-4 litres over 3 meals; use: 3 days.
In cases of severe diarrhoea (stop feeding milk):
75-90 g per litre of drink; amount of drink: 1.5 litres per meal; 3 meals per day; use: 2 days.
Then switch to milk as in the case of mild diarrhoea.
Always offer BEWI-SAN Bewilyt as an in-between drink.