For an optimal metabolic health
BEWI-LACTO+® MC Protect
In the first 100 days of lactation, health and fertility are central performance parameters contributing to longevity. 80 % of diseases of dairy cows are caused by metabolic disorders. The liver plays a central role in this context.
The liver reaches its capacity limits especially in the early stages of lactation and in the context of increased fat mobilisation. The consequences of liver overload are ketosis, fat mobilisation syndrome and fertility disorders.
Methionine is known as first limiting amino acid, playing a central role not only in the production of milk protein but also in fat metabolisation in the liver. Therefore a lack of methionine can lead to liver- and metabolic problems.
A targeted supply of rumen-protected methionine has proven benefits at the beginning of lactation. The positive effects on metabolic health can be supported by the simultaneous use of rumen-protected choline.
- Specially developed for use straight on the dairy farm
- Energy-/active ingredient package
- Successfully tested in practice
- Facilitates liver metabolism in dairy cows, especially at the beginning of lactation
- Promotes liver health
- Reduces the risk of fatty liver
- Suitable for “GMO-free” feeding (VLOG-verified)
- Directly from the manufacturer
BEWI-LACTO+ MC Protect is an energy-/active ingredient package for high-yielding cows, specially developed for use straight on the dairy farm.
- Rumen-stable fat significantly increases the energy supply of high-yielding dairy cows
- Dextrose produces rapid energy for rumen microbes and boosts feed intake
- Rumen-protected methionine ensures that first limiting amino acids are available to dairy cows for milk protein synthesis
- Rumen-protected choline helps the liver convert fats and ensures energy metabolism
- Niacin at the right level holds key functions in energy conversion
- Biotin at effective levels improves hoof health and supports energy metabolism
- Energy content: 21.5 MJ NEL/kg
What our customers say about BEWI-LACTO+® MC Protect
Healthy dairy cows
„Since we started using BEWI-LACTO+ MC Protect we have been able to fine-tune important aspects of animal health and fertility.
Behaviour after birth has improved dramatically, and there has been a sharp decline in problems with clinical endometritis which we used to experience frequently.”
Philipp Hinnemann, farm manager at breeding farm Hinnemann
(Dairy farm with 140 cows in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)